Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2 quick days on the boat

Thank you for all of the comments from my China posts!
Liz- you sent a few links but internet is down on the boat- so not sure
what they are!
MW- so good to hear from you and I am so glad you are reading the blog!
I am jealous of your dinner at Toros- cant wait to meet the new Annie!!!!!
Mogie- Thanks for your email- I will respond when I get some more time!
but congrats on your move into sales!!! so proud of you!

Being back on the boat for only 2 days its sort of crazy because
everyone is trying to catch up on sleep, finish organizing Vietnam, and
do some school work.

I went to 2 lectures tonight - the first was 3 professors/ lifelong
learners who fought or were involved in the Vietnam war in some way. It
is really interesting to hear their perspectives and understand how real
and recent this history is. The next lecture was given by Mr. Thuy who
was an ambassador in Vietnam. He is staying with us on the ship for
about a week and he is so nice. He said he has been very sea sick- poor
guy! He has a very thick accent so a bit hard to understand him.

It was kind of a bummer today when I was taking a nap and all of a
sudden on the loud speaker we heard that we have a life boat drill- we
have to get shoes on, our huge life jackets and spend 30 mins waiting in
lines, getting names called etc... we do get another hour of sleep
tonight so ill be able to catch up!

Also it has gotten SO warm outside already! We were in heavy jackets
leaving Hong Kong but I am already walking in shorts outside on the
ship- I cannot believe how quickly that happened!

Today I did tons of email to solidify our Vietnam plans: hotels, cars,
tours, cruises, flights, etc- then printing out documents for all the
people I am traveling with that includes confirmations, itineraries, and
things to do in all the places- takes time but so worth it and really
fun to plan and organize and figure out all the amazing things we are
going to do and see! It always takes so much longer to do these things
than I expect and now need to get some serious homework done! I am super
excited about our itinerary though and I will post about it tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are attending extra lectures. It must be tempting to take naps (even if interrupted by lifeboat drills), but your total experience will be fantastic, and there will be time (sometime) to catch up on sleep.

    The recent relevancy of Vietnam is interesting to contemplate. It was such an awful event that was such a short time ago.

    Keep up the great work "Blogging!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good organizing Annie! I hear you on the nap interruption... nothing is worse!!

    ReplyDelete