Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Back on the ship- for 2 days

Yesterday I spent about 7 hours reading through travel books on China and Vietnam! I want to make sure we have figured out what we want to make sure to see in the places we are going in China and then figure out what it is we want to see and do in Vietnam!

Everyone has been catching up on sleep (another hour last night!) and spending any extra time planning for the next ports! They tried to reschedule dodgeball but everyone kind of realized it is wayy too cold out and it will be more fun to continue it when it starts to get warmer after China.

Thank you for all of the comments on my Japan posts- it really was a blast and I'm glad I spent those 2.5 hours writing it as soon as I got back on the boat because I would be too exhausted to do it now!

In my global business class I am doing a presentation today on China. Nik is my parter so we met yesterday to make the presentation which took about 2 hours because the internet was so slow. One of the "free sites" on the ship is wikipedia and is what our professor suggested we use due to the lack of internet yesterday so we based our presentation of that….. not exactly what I am used to doing- still very interesting and good to get a background of where we will be in 15 hours!!

The seas have been pretty smooth and we keep passing ships and barges which is such a strange sight because we never saw any ships when we crossed the pacific.

I have a field lab for my Bio/ nutrition course tomorrow and we are going to an outdoor market in Shanghai then meeting with some researcher who studies the gut micro biome- should be pretty interesting- then bridget morgan and I are off to Beijing where we will meet up with some more friends!

Very excited but need to try to cram in some school work this afternoon- and pack!! I probably won't post much until we get back to the ship after China on February 11th!

4 comments:

  1. When is Cambodia?
    China and Vietnam will be so cool... Have fun Babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vietnam will be amazing. For my generation it is a defining idea. As you know Field Miller almost lost his life there. It is truly amazing that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humans have such a capacity for forgiveness. Terrible things happened in Vietnam a very short time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wikipedia for research! Look what the world is coming too! what happened to the library?! i Geuss the books would be a danger to the students in rough seas! Good luck with the tests! can't wait for more picture posts, your writing is wonderful, but i love seeing your face in wild and crazy places!

    ReplyDelete