Saturday, April 5, 2014

Past few days on the ship

I was just asking some friends what time it is est and they said 7:15am which means we are only 5 hours ahead now- crazy how we have come so far and it has changed so much. From 3 hours behind in Cali to 12 hours and a day ahead now to only 5... I want it to slow down!

It's been a gorgeous few days on the ship and I haven't had much work so I have been to lots of insight lectures, star sessions, meeting with the ghana inter port student (who is soo friendly and nice- he spoke in one of my classes too- he's our age and wants to be an entrepreneur in the entertainment business in ghana so he told us all about that!), lots of relaxing and hanging out with friends too! And I got to talk to my dad on the phone yesterday which was awesome!

We are starting to think more about plans for ghana and doing research I figure out what we have to do and see which is always really exciting. Ghana also seems like a manageable country in terms of hitting the highlights and I am really excited!

Bridget and I are having all of our friends for special dining in a few nights to celebrate our birthdays! (We turn 21 only 6 days apart!) On the ship you can pay extra to have a fancy dinner in a special room and you get appetizers and steak, salmon, and champagne... That's fancyyyy for the ship! We are so excited to celebrate with our friends!

I have a big 12 page paper coming up and it is a country report and I am doing Myanmar- with a little extra research on the companies, economy, and government and re working my blog post I don't think it will be too bad!

Not a bad day!

2 comments:

  1. Your ocean pics are beautiful!

    Yea, it's incredible to think about the time and the planet earth. It's one thing to jump on a plane, have a wine, sleep, and wake up 10 time zones away. It must be amazing to travel so slowly and experience the changes gradually. A few days ago you were walking on your hands, and now you are only lying on your side. Can't wait to get you home and on your feet once again!

    Happy early birthday to you and Bridgett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living it large for your birthday! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete