Monday, March 24, 2014

Past Few Days on the Ship

We are getting really excited for Cape Town and it is coming up soon!

The past few days on the ship have been pretty uneventful but good to catch up with friends, work, and sun!

I have attended a few lectures one of which was given the South African Inter port Lecturer. His name is William and he lives in Cape Town and has lived through apartheid and the aftermath - it was really fascinating. I have been planning on going to the astronomy star sessions that take place at night but they have been cancelled for the past couple of nights due to rain and clouds- hopefully it will be clear tonight becuase since we are in the southern hemisphere I will be able to see things I have never seen!

Last night was an open mic night and it was great to see how much talent people have on this ship! It was so perfect to spend time studying, go to snack time, and then listen to people perform! I got back 2 tests and did well on both and I have an essay and another test day after tomorrow.

Tomorrow at noon is the Sea Olympics! We all signed up for different events and hopefully Adriatic Sea wins! Tonight is the crew talent show- everyone is so excited! The students have such a good relationship with the crew- especailly the people who clean our rooms (Don is on my hall and we always chat when I walk to and from my room during the day) and the guys in the dining areas are so kind and good hearted and love to have conversations with us. I really have never encountered such a group of loving and kind people- they are all so grateful for their jobs and really love us students. I cannot wait to see what they have for us becuase I have heard that it is one of the most surprisingly amazing events of the voyage.


Ill post about it and my plans for cape town later on!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great stuff in this post. You know what I mean.

    Only thing missing is a recap of your "Talent Act."

    ReplyDelete