Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another day on the ship!

Every day has been getting warmer and warmer on our way to Hawaii!! The ship has slowed down a lot so that we can get more class time in, but we will be getting to Hawaii on friday! i am so excited!

Today I only had one class so was able relax and spend lots of time outside because it is so nice out. I was wearing a sweatshirt and shorts and lying on one of the many deck lounge chairs and doing reading for some of my classes and talking with friends.

After Hawaii we have 11 ship days till Japan- going to be really long so hope to stock up on snacks etc! During that time we will have a study day (no class) and I will have my 1st 2 tests- one in my Astronomy class (I just switched into it last night) and one in Global Business.

I have been starting to talk to my friends about plans for Japan too! We port in Yokohama on Jan 29th and I really want to go to Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and pick the boat back up in Kobe! Bridget lived in Japan as a kid so she has lots of info on what to do and see and I also have been in communication with the Japanese exchange student who lived at my house this fall- Hiroe- to get her recommendations. Hopefully we can organize to see each other in Tokyo.

I have gotten totally used to the never ending rocking of the boat. It has begun to feel normal and literally rocks you to sleep. I have also started to get used to the lack of internet - no Facebook, Instagram, netflix, google, weather, etc etc- but i am getting used to it and its really not bad! Snack time at 10pm has also become a tradition- they have these awesome brownies and its great to hang out inside or outside around that time.


I have heard from some of you that you are unable to comment- but I asked my dad to change the settings on my account (I can't get enough internet to do it myself!) so hopefully that will start working soon. Till then emails are great!! (thanks margaret!!) Sean- I have been getting your comments- thanks!! I get email notifications when you comment- i love it!!


I now know my way around the ship- what rooms are on what floors- snack bars, dining halls, classrooms, ship store etc. Its awesome walking around and running into people I now know and just sitting and talking and hanging out. Though i am getting veryy ready to get off the ship for a day- i really am loving being on the ship! I have made good friends with our house keeper, Don. We left him a tip and he got us extra pillows!! All of the staff are sooo nice and at meal times they are constantly refilling your water or clearing your plate when you are done- i feel wayyy too spoiled!

I am about to go down for dinner but I will post again tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about boring class. Yea, change it if you can. Hi to Bridget. Soun

    ReplyDelete