Thursday, January 16, 2014

Another hour of sleep and Hawaii tomorrow!

Last night we got an extra hour of sleep! I like traveling this way around the world! I think we are 5 hours behind est now....?

It is a gorgeous day today! I sitting outside on deck 6 with Bridget and a few other people doing email, talking, and having breakfast! I only have one class today then plan on reading, hanging out and lying out by the pool- rough life.

Also cannot believe we will be in Hawaii tomorrow!! Too bad it's only for one day- then longgg stretch to japan- I hear that by the time we get to japan we are 1/3 of the way through classes for the semester! And we even miss January 20th (Liz's birthday!!) completely because of the international date line- also in February we have like 6 days of class total! Pretty awesome.

Yesterday a few friends and I signed up for the "bridge tour" and we got a tour of where all the ship controls are- it was really cool to see how the boat works- and all the safety mechanisms they have- thank god!!

Last night went to my first "pub night" it was so nice outside at the 7th deck outside bar and there were a bunch of people. I was nervous that drinking would make me more sea sick or something but I was totally fine!!

Oh and I took off the 3 day sea sick patch 2 days ago and got a bit sick feeling yesterday afternoon so put another patch on and felt totally better 2 hours and a nap later- I don't know if it's mental but I think the patches work really really well. I will probably keep them on always unless we are in port!

I will post again after Hawaii to tell you about it!

comment or email me!! It's the only internet that is unlimited and I love hearing from you!


Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. The Bridge tour sounds very interesting. It must be serious business driving that ship! At least I hope the captain takes it seriously!

    So good to hear that you are managing the whole sea-sickness thing properly. Are there some kids dying?? How is Bridget?

    Sounds like you are having a blast. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the video of the Twins doing the "Hawaii, Hawaii" dance? I'll be thinking of you and Bridget doing the Hula dance while you are here.

    ReplyDelete