Friday, January 24, 2014

Rough Seas

Today has been the roughest day of the whole trip. I am not really sea sick but it is just really rocky- its very hard to walk and you have to be really careful when you put things on tables as your plate or water will slide right off. The rising and falling sensation makes me feel like at one moment I am weightless and the next second a million pounds and when I walk and there is a big wave I have to walk completely tilted to stay upright. when you pass people in the hall ways it looks like they are on a diagonal- i still haven't gotten used to how weird it is!!

Update on Dodgeball: we were about 10 minutes into playing last night when we started to see dark clouds and rain approach- it was really cool to literally watch the storm hit us. We had to postpone the game because it was so windy. If you threw a ball it would either fly back the other direction or have absolutely zero accuracy. We were supposed to rematch tonight but the weather is rainy and the seas are the roughest they have been so we had to postpone again.

2 highlights: We got yet another hour of sleep last night and it was Taco night- pretty awesome. So now it is about 3:30pm on Saturday for me and 11:30 pm on friday back home. It makes email correspondences quite delayed which again doesn't help when I am trying to make train tickets (hint hint- mom)

I had my first test this morning- in my bio nutrition class- i think it went well!! I have 2 more before Yokohama- but since the weather is colder now (50s-60s) - being inside and studying isn't so bad!

I am going to go try to find a quiet place to study! and thanks for the emails dad and mogie!

Ill post again tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. stay upright! sounds really wild! Good luck with the sea sickness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you rocked the test!!
    The boat/ weather seems surreal.... Can you imagine early explorers making these journeys???
    Any Kibong types that are wearing their life jackets 24/7??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock!! (Ha, ha. I am so funny)

    I'm predicting great dodgeball success if the weather ever calms!

    ReplyDelete