Sunday, January 26, 2014

Japan Plan

T- minus 48 hours till Japan!!!!!

We got another hour of sleep last night and another one tonight- so no clue what time it is EST!!

I haven't posted what our plan for Japan is yet so here goes:

Jan 29- 8 am Arrive in Yokohama- I have a "field lab" for my Global Business Class where we are going to the Nissan Auto plant, meeting with officials there, going to dinner in Yokohama with US Embassy Officials. Probably going out with friends and spending the night on the ship (or taking the train to Tokyo that night)

Jan 30- Early Train from Yokohama to Toyko- very short 40 minute train. Check into hotel with 4 other friends (ginger, erin, morgan, and bridget) and a few other groups of our friends are staying at the same place. at 5pm meeting up with Hiroe (japanese exchange student who lived at my house last semester) to walk around the neighborhood. then going to "Gonpachi. It is a Japanese restaurant and the interior is very beautiful. Michelin Star rated and Former President George W. Bush and movie starts visited the restaurant. The place is also famous for the movie "Kill Bill. " (thats what Hiroe told me). It is with a few of her friends and a few of my friends!!!

Jan 31- Waking up super early (4am) to see the famous fish market and then spending that day in Tokyo

Feb 1- Bullet train to Kyoto to stay in a traditional "Ryokan" the one we picked looks awesome!! you have to take your shoes off at the door and you take baths and they serve you a fresh 9 course private dinner with your group!!

Feb 2- Train to Hiroshima in the morning (after our Ryokan breakfast!) for a day trip and back to Kobe that evening.

Feb 3- Explore kobe- EAT KOBE BEEF! back on ship at 6pm

Due to Japanese Law all email and internet is shut off from tomorrow at midnight until we leave Kobe on Feb 3rd. Not sure how much I will be able to blog in country (I want to spend my time exploring not blogging!!!- But I will write all about it when I get back on the ship!)

I met up with Hirume (Japanese woman on the ship who I talked about in an earlier post and is here for only this leg of the trip as a lecturer and guide) who told me all about things to see, food to eat, train system etc- so now i have the inside scoop!!

In February we only have 8 class days- the rest of the time we are in country (China, Vietnam, Singapore, Burma!!!)

Dodgeball is back on tonight!!!! Its getting rainy and rocky so hopefully they don't cancel!

not to brag but I got the 2nd highest grade in the class on my bio/nutrition test!! I need to go study for my 2 tests that i have tomorrow though (so glad they will be all done before Japan though!!)

Shoutout to Jessica as the newest follower and commenter! and to Jewel for the long email she wrote me!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic to read all the posts.

    Glad that you get an extra hour of sleep every day or two. Imagine how much it would suck going the other way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my day we sold 1,200 Nissans a year. Figure out if our sales would keep the plant running for half a day ( probably not)!

    Win the dodgeball!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, AWESOME job on the test!
    I'm interested to hear about the Nissan plant; I wen't to a bunch of the Toyota plants in the US while working at Dentsu.
    All this food sounds amazing...
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie- how many extra hours of sleep have you accumulated so far?! Seems like at least a night's worth! What a great trip you have planned- tell Hiroe I saw hi! Margaret and Mom LOVED staying at a Ryokan- enjoy. I bet you will have a lot of interesting and delicious food! also- send us your port dates / addresses. Anything you are missing from the States we can send?

    ReplyDelete